Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 3.5


10/19/11
Westbound
There was a marine in front of me on the bus home. He had a camouflage baseball cap on that had the logo on the front and “marine” on the side. He was probably late 40’s early 50’s sporting a high and tight and his shirt said some kind of construction company on the back. Normally I would assertively go talk with my brother and get to know him, but I was tired and did a lot of talking throughout my day at work so I decided not to assert myself.

The marine is holding the rail about to get off the bus. Thanks for your service leatherneck!
At the local SEIU office we passed on the route there were some Occupiers with approximately 6 tents set up in the parking lot and piles of banners and picketing type sticks with varied sayings on them. They were not currently protesting such as with walking around and antagonizing horn honks but kind of gathered in small groups outside of some the tents. I wasn’t able to get a picture in time.

As we passed the city college, the band was in full dress uniform on the orange white and green football field practicing. The field was relatively new and lots of renovations were going on at the campus such as a new nursing department. For a state that has no money, they sure are expanding a lot. Maybe it was a grant or something. At the stop a young black lady jumped on the bus. I had recognized her from the days before and was almost positive she was a college student.

Two nursing students were sitting next to me wondering why I was taking pictures of outside every so often, but I had my earphones on listening to the news and kind of ignored their curious stares. I was catching the story about a man who freed a bunch of zoo animals in Ohio and then shot himself. There was something like 40 wild animals including tigers and lions and monkeys. The news indicated that the local authorities were killing them all to protect the local citizens. I’m not animal rights PETA activist or anything, but I found it hard to believe that there was not another more human way to gather the animals such as with tranquilizer guns or traps and such. Maybe I just don’t know the whole circumstance, but it seems irresponsible to kill a bunch of animals that the zoo and city took on the responsibility of caring for and maintaining. World is a freak show!

The ride home went smooth and stops were un tainted with abnormalities as far as I could see.  


4 comments:

  1. (Hi ...it's the sister in England, here)
    Yeah, I read this article yesterday about the exotic animal escape:

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15364027

    ...it says that, because they were trying to track down the dangerous animals at night, it wasn't a good idea to use tranquilizers. Still seems a horrible shame though.. apparently 6 animals were taken alive, and one monkey was still missing, but that leaves 48 that were killed (including some Tigers, of which there are only 1,400 on the planet).

    Very sad...

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes very sad. i am amazed that with todays technology we can not capture these animals without killing them regardless of the time of day or circumstances.

    so ur the one glancing at my blog huh? thanks and remember everytime u click on one of the adds i get paid. hope u guys r well in england.
    8^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha... I've never actually set up ads on my sites.. I'll have to give it a go. For now, I'll just click on your ads.

    All is well (just busy busy busy at work at the moment) in England.. love to the California clan.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...waitaminute.. I don't see any ads...?

    ReplyDelete