Wednesday, October 26, 2011

DAY 7

10/25/11
Westbound
More rested today. I was able to get to the bus stop a bit early only to find the bus a bit late. There were a couple of dudes waiting as well. One was a younger Hispanic man probably just out of high school. He was carrying a skateboard and intently listening to the older 30 something Caucasian guy who still seemed to be stuck mentally in his late teens early 20’s. I recognized him from a prior ride when I accidently stepped on his bright white sneakers when the bus jolted after I got on. I was quick to apologize and he was receptive. There are some places and people who will respond to such a trivial accident with extreme violence, so I am always careful and cordial. You never know what to expect from whom. After I sat down he vigorously rubbed at a small scuff that I imprinted on his shoe.  

Today the transitional age dude (that’s a technical term meaning anyone from late teens to mid 20’s AKA transitional age youth or rather TAY) sported a black hooded jacket with fake fur on the ends of the hood quarter length. It looked like something you might see in Alaska. It was not very cold out maybe 70 degrees so I ventured to guess it was more for show. He was talking with a lot of slang and ghetto type phrases which again reflected his maturity level. He was also wearing black sneakers. How funny.

I used to be guilty of this type of dress in the past. It was in at the time and I was a teenager. This was of coarse 25 years ago….

There was an opening at the back so I ventured back there. As I listened to my morning talk radio stuff the bus continued to make its stops until it was filled. I was the only adult in the back and there were teens all around me. The irony was that I had had a dream just the other day that I was back in high school, but much wiser and smarter. But for some reason my first class of the day was fishing 101 out on Lake Michigan with friends I had not seen in years. These friends were well aged though and my one friend had a head full of gray hair. For some reason we were fishing for saltwater fish in fresh water and kept arguing with the teacher that this was all wrong. Strange dreams are a norm for me these days.

Like clockwork the bus barfed out all the teens about ½ way through the route.
 The rest of the ride was relatively uneventful except me getting caught shaving....

This is not really me, but i thought this was funny


No comments:

Post a Comment