Tuesday, November 15, 2011

DAY 18.5-19

Westbound Day 18.5
So the ride home was again relatively uneventful. I sat in the front, it was crowded, and had the BUS STENCH. As we came to the bus stop by the hospital i glanced out the window and saw a familiar face. It was dark, but I could see him. It was the young homeless mentally ill man that i had confronted a few weeks  ago about peeing on the bus stop bench. I told him he needs to pee in the bushes or something rather than sitting on the bus stop bench and peeing on himself and the bench. Tonight he was looking at me with his eyes wide open and head cocked to the side like when a dog hears a strange or piercing noise. I could not help but snicker as I looked away he did to. As I glanced back at him he went back to his cocked head and big eyes. I think he was teasing me and it was pretty funny.

Eastbound DAY 19

This day was eventful to say the least. I started the day off by accidentally waking up an hour early. (the night before i had set the time ahead on accident instead of the alarm). I got all ready to go and my wife just looked at me after she went downstairs and said..."hellooooo, its only 5 am!" I'm such a dork sometimes. No matter I ate some Spanish rice and fish for breakfast and fell asleep on the couch for 1/2 hour while watching the local news.

So i got to the bus stop and got on the bus with a good morning to the driver who was a younger black lady. About 2 stops down she yelled at someone to turn their music down or off. I was in the front and presumed she was talking to someone in the back. Sometimes the kids get on the bus and play their music aloud on their phones or ipods. Not loud, but enough so people can here it. A couple more stops down the bus lady stopped at a stop that had about 12 high school kids waiting for the  bus, only she did not open the door for them. Again she yelled to the back to turn off the radio. Again I ignored her. She proceeded to say very loudly that if the radio was not turned off, that she would call her supervisor who would come down and have a talk. The black lady behind me hit my jacket and said turn of your radio and told the bus driver "its the white guy". I had earphones on and I took them off to see what was going on. The bus driver asked the black lady behind me "can you here him?" and she said she could and that I was listening to news. I did not turn it down and told the bus driver that I had earphones on. She said turn it down or off (which I did not) and I said i don't think it was me. She said well i cant here it anymore since you turned it down.
I was framed. One of the kids in the back had a smart phone that was playing obnoxious music, but the lady behind me and the bus driver blamed me for it. The bus driver had so much attitude that i just left things the way they were and went back to listening to the news. Unbelievable.  i had been accused, tried and convicted before I new what was going on. Classic.

If I did not have to be at work I probably would have raised issue, but I did not want to get  kicked off the bus and end up getting a taxi or worse yet banned from the bus.

I did note however, that the sign on the bus said "No Radios or Tape players". It did not say anything about phones or ipods. In my mind i was a bit reactionary and played a tape through that included me arguing with the bus driver about the sign and then inquiring about if she was going to make everyone not talk like kids on the bus. I am sure that the music from the back or my iphone speakers were not that loud, but I guess everyone needs to bitch about something.

Have a Nice Day!
By the time I got to my stop i had almost forgot about the incident, but again the devil inside me said tell the bus driver she has attitude problems and to have a nice day. I didn't though.The angel almost always wins with me.


On a better note my wife said she would put together the Thanksgiving  day basket that we started doing last year. My work gathers full turkey day meals to cook for needy families throughout the county and I (with help from some of my relatives) provide a full basket as opposed to going in on one at work. I just feel obligated to provide for those in need and am thankful for all i have.







No comments:

Post a Comment