Tuesday, November 22, 2011

DAY...Heck i cant remember

Eastbound Today 11/22/11

So yesterday I did not go to work. Over the weekend I had a major personal setback so I was not up for work yesterday.

Got to the bus stop today on time and waited and waited and waited. Finally the bus came about 15 minuted later than it usually did. However as the bus approached it passed me by. It was my favorite bus driver who liked to give me a hard time. At first i thought, guess she did not want to deal with me today. Suddenly a bus pulled up right after she passed me by. The other bus driver said that the bus that just passed had broken down and that she was trying to make up time. He verified that he was on time. This would put me at about 10-15 minutes late for my 8am start time at work.


The bus was very empty. Some of the schools are off for the week for the holiday season. I lay my head on my backpack to rest a bit. A few stops later a couple got on the bus. They were obviously suffering from some severe mental health issues. The woman sat in one spot and the man sat in another. However, for the entire ride the were arguing with each other about frivolous things. The man would set the lady off and was repetitive which fueled the lady into hysterics. I believe she may have been developmentally delayed. At one point another bus rider yelled at the man "Can we ride in peace? Please be quite". He was responsive for a while, but his gradual mumbling eventually got to where he was arguing with his wife again. As the bus offloaded, the woman got up and sat next to me so she could talk with her husband. The exchange was an indicator of why i do not do therapy with people anymore. He would bait her and she would flow in and out of histrionics including relatively disingenuous 25 second crying fits.

I guess it would not have been so bad if i had not forgotten to charge my iphone and thus had little juice in it. I kind of like Mondays because it is the start of a brand new week. However, this day was starting to feel like an old Monday, which i disliked.

After I got off the bus, the arguing couple got off still complaining. As i gradually walked to my work, the lady kept getting louder and louder until by the time i got to my door to go into the building she was in hysterics and screaming and crying at the same time.

So glad I work with computers as opposed to people right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment